UEM now offers piston coatings to help reduce problem areas associated with combustion and wear.
Line2Line Adaptive Skirt Technology
- Abradable skirt coating.
- Applied at the total skirt clearance for an initial ZERO fit.
- Hones in to maintain proper oil wedge for a perfect fit to cylinder greatly reducing piston rock.
- Improved ring seal.
- Shock loads and degradation in piston/rod/bearing assembly reduced.
- Click on link for the Stribeck Curve that explains the "proper oil wedge". https://www.line2linecoatings.com/StribeckFittingGraph.pdf
- Heat reflective coating applied to piston crown.
- Lowers piston crown operating temperature.
- Reduces oil temperature.
- Applied at .0015” thick.
- Aids in increasing piston service life by reducing heat transfer to piston.
- Standard skirt dry film lubricant.
- Decrease engine noise and helps protect against dry start ups.
- Applied to .0005” per side.
- Limits micro welding of ring to groove in severe conditions.
- Produces a very hard surface for ring to rotate on.
- Piston Crown
- Creates barrier from corrosive fuels.
Below is a list of links where you can download a PDF version of our catalog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Content Coming Soon!